Although top rated vacuums might last for a long time and work perfectly as long as you can clean them properly on a regular basis, they are prone to damages and wearing out. You might need to buy a new one or at least get 1 or 2 parts of your vacuum cleaner replaced.
A vacuum cleaner is one of the most useful devices in the house and I am sure that most of the households in America have 1 or 2 vacuum cleaners to help them clean the house getting rid of dirt, dust and other allergic triggers.
That is the reason why the market for vacuum cleaners is very huge with a lot of models and designs available. And thanks to the popular demand and huge supply from the vacuum cleaner manufacturers, you would be able to buy a lot of replaceable vacuum cleaner parts and change the old one to the new one with no difficulty.
In case you are wondering what parts of the vacuum cleaners you can buy and replace on the market, read on to learn more.
Here are some parts that you can replace in your vacuum cleaner:
1. Vacuum Cleaner Filter
- The most important part of all vacuum cleaners is the vacuum cleaner filter. It is responsible for trapping dirt and sucking the tiniest particles. If it is not clean, your vacuum cleaner will not be able to vacuum dirt effectively.
- In addition, when all of the dirt is not filtered thoroughly, when you vacuum your house, you will release the dirt back to the air.
- It is nearly impossible to give a thorough cleaning to your vacuum cleaner filter. Therefore, you need to change it after 3 to 4 years or 6 months in case it is a disposable filter.
- You should check with the manufacturer about the type of vacuum cleaner filter you are using at the moment so you will know when you have to take out your vacuum cleaner filter.
- It is also worth remembering that you should not clean your disposable filter as you might break it. in addition, you will not be able to thoroughly dry clean your disposable filter, making it a perfect place for mold to develop.
2. Vacuum Cleaner Bag
- The next thing you can look for alternative product on the market is the vacuum cleaner bag. Once again, you have 2 options of permanent cleaner bag and disposable cleaner bag.
- When you have the permanent cleaner bag, you need to empty it frequently to prevent it from releasing the dirt back into the air. In addition, the motor of the vacuum cleaner will last longer if you change it frequently.
- Provided that you use a disposable cleaner bag, you also need to empty it before it is full. All you need to do is taking out the old bag and replace it with the new one with no cleaning involved.
3. Brushing Roll
When you notice the signs of wearing out, you need to change the brushing roll. A damaged one will not be effective enough to collect hair on the floor. In some situations, it might even affect the surface of the furniture badly.
So make sure you check the quality of the brushing roll when you use the cleaner to change it as soon as possible.
Finally, here are some tips you should know when you replace your vacuum cleaner parts:
- Make sure all of the parts you buy are compatible with the version of your current vacuum cleaner. You can take the picture of your vacuum cleaner or the specification of it to bring to the shop. The experts and salesmen in the store will be able to help you identify the products which are suitable for your vacuum cleaner.
- If you have no previous knowledge about changing and fixing your vacuum cleaner, you need to bring it to the store and any professional repair service where they will offer you advice on how to fix your vacuum cleaner.
- Always read the manual books that come along with your vacuum cleaner in order to know in which way you can take out all parts of your vacuum cleaners. In your manual books, you are also able to find all of the specifications of the parts of the current vacuum cleaner. When you find alternative parts, you need to look for ones with the same specification.
Here are some pieces of some information about replacing parts of your vacuum cleaner. When you have been using your vacuum cleaner for a long time, you might want to have it fixed and replaced some broke parts so you can continue to use it for more times in the future.
I hope that with the guide I present you, you will be able to fix and replace any broken part of your vacuum cleaner so you don’t have to waste any more buying a new vacuum cleaner when it is not so necessary.
My name’s Helen Macdonald. In fact, I often ended up with vacuum cleaners which were no good to me. Well, we learn from experience, right? And in fact, my long hours of research and intensive experience of buying and trying out vacuum cleaners have made me gain a wealth of information. I am more than ready to share this information.